I decided to gather a few friends from around the studio to informally discuss downloadable content around a table over lunch. This is the first time I have tried anything like this so please keep that in mind! This is all personal opinion too, not that of our employer.
High level summary of what we discussed:
- What is your favorite DLC & why?
- Is DLC on the disk ethical?
- Discussion around DLC pricing.
- How can DLC effect game balance?
- DLC and player status.
The voices you hear in order of appearance:
- Paul Evans @PaulECoyote (Programmer).
- David Addis (Programmer).
- Kalev Tait @KalevTait (Designer).
- Keith Judge @KeefJudge (Programmer).
- Bryn Davies @LH_ClarkyCat (Designer).
Thanks to everyone who took part. Special thanks goes to my wife who spent some of her time over the weekend post-producing this. Should I try this again with any luck I will do a better job with the advice she has given me.
As with Mike Acton’s audio posts, this comes with no warranty, transcription or satisfaction guarantee!
Orignally posted on #AltDevBlogADay.